Sunday, August 13, 2017

Suicidal Prayer Credit

I think many people will say I am wrong about this and that it is bad theology but I think I am right enough to give people this idea so that they can have the same hope and endurance that has benefitted me.  The idea that I am sharing is simple, which is that if people have lived through any amount of suicidal thinking, it might be a good idea to just pray even a few of the biggest prayers you can think of for everyone you know and for your society because it could be a very special thing that you are still alive, and this might add some power to your prayers.  That is where people say okay no wait a minute you don't earn prayer power through your own efforts but I am not sure everyone really knows how everything works and I think once there have been significant threats to people's survival, and especially a chronic danger or a questioning of whether it is worth it to go on, then that is a clue that people's mere presence and existence is not something to take for granted, and just the effort of a few extra moments of thoughtfulness might be something that God is willing to match a millionfold. Is that so weird?  I am saying that when I have gotten through or am even in the middle of discouragement so bad that I think I can't go on, it takes five seconds to ask God for a million feasts and forgiveness for everyone who has ever lived.  I mean it is times like that when you ask for salvation for all mankind, or for everyone ever to have the relief that you can no longer even imagine.  Do other people not have a hunch that their prayers might be worth a little extra after twenty years of struggling to stay alive?  It actually is hard to do sometimes, because depression so often brings a feeling of being so bad that God would never answer any prayers.  But couldn't the suffering also be proof that something good is at risk, and might that thing be something as simple as one little prayer prayed for everyone at the right time?  I do not think I will ever regret trying to add prayer to my despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment