Saturday, August 26, 2017

Help for Future Wounds

I am just telling this little story because I think it is interesting.  I recently bought a roll of gauze at the drug store for a wound on my hand, but then the wound healed and I did not need the gauze.  And when I was straightening up my apartment and found the gauze that I no longer needed, I started thinking that maybe God knows that I am going to have a gash my hand in the future and that is why he arranged for me to have some gauze on hand.  Get it? On hand? But anyway I am saying what if the whole reason I got the gauze was for another injury coming soon.  Like a guaranteed gash on my hand that could happen any day and is part of destiny. It made me feel scared, and then I figured out that I was being a little bit mentally ill and those thoughts were irrational.  I think it is kind of an interesting story, because people do have illogical worrying sometimes, and I think it is good for me to catch myself doing it because a lot of my worrying doesn't seem illogical.

No comments:

Post a Comment