Saturday, July 4, 2020

A funny way to make OCD problems worse

Well hi everyone, today I was going to post an e-book on my e-book site but decided to wait.  And for a while I did not know what to do, and I started eating some fortune cookies that I ordered from Wal-Mart during the quarantine, and found that it was kind of a funny thing to do during a spell of OCD.  The first fortune I read said “bide your time and success will be soon” or something like that.  Which, if I applied it to my decision process about posting the book or not, it really could be interpreted either way. It also adds another mental health challenge that would have to do with religion problems, where I would have to figure out the sane way to think about how fortune cookies probably aren’t necessarily a message from God, and probably not automatically the opposite of a message from God either.  And thankfully my OCD was not that bad so I didn’t really have trouble deciding whether it was okay to eat fortune cookies in the first place like is that linked to a wrong kind of magical thinking.  Anyway that is kind of funny.  And I texted two different friends to ask their opinion of the book cover and then had to think about well what if I had not texted them.  But now I feel total peace about waiting to publish the book later. I think I waited past the original planned day for the other two in this set, too, so that makes me feel more certain. Well have a nice day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment